Forums

TopicTid Bits of Help - Microsoft Word 2007 - Quick Parts (Building Blocks)

• Thu 14th Nov 2019 - 9:24am

OK, you've been wondering HOW can you easily save and frequently use the same block of text?   Promoyze Personal Review   Sure you could always type once and copy then as you go through paste. But what if you need to use copy and paste for something else? What if you have more than one block of repeating text?You've typed a portion of your document and have found that there's a block of text that is repeated throughout and will be continued in the document. Think about it, do you really want to keep typing your business name? You put time and thought into it, but it may not be the shortest, easiest thing to type. Perhaps you're writing a technical document and that thing you're explaining has a million letters in it - and it needs to be in italics. This is what to do. You save the frequently used text (for that document) as a BUILDING BLOCK.

For my short example, I'll pretend I'm writing an article about the longest words. Who would want to keep typing: Honorificabilitudinitatibus? (the longest word in one of Shakespeare's works - Love's Labour's Lost according to Wikipedia)In the text at the first place I see Honorificabilitudinitatibus, I select it then go to the INSERT tab. In the TEXT group, click on the QUICK PARTS button and then click Save Selection To Quick Part Gallery. The Create New Building Block dialog box opens. In the NAME box I'd type honor then click OK. Word saves this in the Quick Parts Gallery.

https://dietsheriff.com/promoyze-personal-review/

Please register or login to post forum replies